Background and Establishment
The Asian Heart institute was founded by Dr. Ramakant Panda in the year 2002. It was established in the area of Bandra in Mumbai. It was set up with an aim of providing the best Cardiac healthcare facilities to the patients. In the time period of 13 years, this Institution has treated more than 3, 00,000 patients who needed cardiac care. 35,000 angioplasties have taken place in the Asian Heart institute and 20,000 heart surgeries have been performed here. Since its inception, the Asian Heart Institute has maintained its success rate in bypass surgeries (99.83%) and heart surgeries (99.4%). Because of these rates, experienced doctors, latest technology, trained staff and the best care provided to the patients, Asian heart Institute is being considered as the #1 Heart Institute in India. Asian Heart institute strives hard to decrease the infection in the hospital because it is the reason for most of the deaths after heart surgeries.
Certifications and Accreditations
Asian Heart institute of Mumbai is not only the best hospital offering the best cardiac care to its patients but it is also one of the highest accredited hospital in India. It has the following accreditations and certifications:
- Joint Commission International. (JCI)
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) (ISO- 9001:2008)
- National integrated Accreditation for Healthcare Organizations
Over the years, the top quality service of Asian Heart institute has been recognized and awarded through various titles, awards and ranks. Following are some of the achievements of Asian heart institute, Mumbai:
- It has been listed in the list of “Top 5 cardiac Hospitals in India” by IndiaTimes.com.
- In the year 2014, it bagged the award “India’s Best Private Cardiac Hospital” from the Healthcare Achievers Awards which was hosted by the Times of India Group.
- It received the “India’s Best Cardiac Care Hospital” Award at the CNBC and ICICI Lombard Healthcare Awards.
- The Asian heart Institute has been the winner of “India’s Best Private Cardiac Care” award by the Week- Hansa Research for continuous 2 years.
- It is also been listed in the “World’s top 10 Best Hospitals for Medical Tourists” list of Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQA).
- For the last 2 years it has been recognized as “ The Best Private Cardiac Care in India”
Number of Beds at Asian heart institute
The Asian Heart Institute in year 2002 started of their services with a very less number of beds. Gradually they started increasing the number of beds. Currently they have 250 functioning beds. Asian Heart Institute being one of the best Cardiac Centre in India, also has the best infrastructure. It has a variety of beds as follows:
- Deluxe bedrooms
- Double or Semi private rooms
- Single or private rooms
- ICU rooms
Cardiac care being a very critical field, the rooms are well equipped with emergency alarms, doctor staff keeping continuous check on the patient, clean toilets, comfortable beds and a very clean environment.
Following are some of the infrastructural facilities at AHI:
- Blood bank
- Internet Facilities
- Telephone booths
- Meals suiting to the patients
- ATM Machines
- Prayer Rooms
For the international patients it has the following facilities: help desk, Transport facility, Accommodation, Visa and Insurance facilities, Currency exchange desk, translator and Interpreter services.
All the cardiac surgeries need perfection and precision for success and top quality diagnosis and treatment machines and equipments can enable such perfection. Following are some of the technological facilities at AHI:
- Robot Assisted Surgery equipments
- Laboratory equipped with the latest models of testing machines
- World class radiology equipments
The Asian Heart Institute is known for its Cardiac services. They are as follows:
- Cardiac surgery
- Heart Transplant
- Redo Surgeries
- Bypass Surgery with the use of arterial graft (this method is considered to be the best technique)
- Aneurysm surgery
- Valve surgery and valve repair surgery
- Hypertension Clinic
- Children’s Heart surgeries
- Preventive cardiology and Rehabilitation
Asian Heart Institute, G/N Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai- 400051