History and Establishment
In the year 2005, the Fortis Healthcare Company pioneered by Mr. Parvinder Singh acquired the Fortis Heart Institute and Research centre Ltd. For the last many years this institute has been proving its excellence by introducing new technologies in the field of Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Bypass Surgery, Non -invasive Cardiology, Paediatric Cardiac Surgery, Paediatric Cardiology and many other heart treatment related technologies. The Fortis Escort Heart Institute also has various departments working for Research and Development in the fields of Haematology, Microbiology, Transfusion Medicine, Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Bio chemistry etc. The highly experienced doctors who have been practicing cardiology for more than 15 years, the other hospital staff, laboratories and the latest technology is able to admit 14500 patients and 7200 emergency cases per year. For the last 15 years Fortis Escorts Hear Institute is gaining popularity in India as well as outside India because of the low cost treatments and the best service made available to its patients.
Certifications and accreditation’s
Without concrete certifications, approvals and accreditations, it is nearly impossible to build such a big Heart car institution and win the trust of a mass of people. Here are some of the accreditations of the Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi:
- Accredited by National Accreditation Board of Hospitals and Healthcare providers
- Received an accreditation by Joint Commission of India as cardiology care centre.
The above 2 accreditations are considered to be most important because they prove the good quality and safe quality of treatment given to its patients.
Awards and Achievements
Being the best Heart care and diagnostic centre in India, it has won many awards as follows:
- It won the title “Best Heart care centre in North India” from the Global Healthcare Excellence Awards in the year 2013
- It has its name registered in the Guinness World Record for the largest initiative done to test the cholesterol levels.
- Received the “Best Institution Award” from the Delhi Medical association
- For a consecutive third time, Fortis Escort Heart Institute of Delhi won the Best Single Speciality Hospital in cardiology at the ICICI-Lombard CNBC TV 18 India healthcare Awards
- It wins the recognition at The-Nielsen- Survey in the year 2013
Some of the faculty of Fortis Escorts Heart Institute have won the following awards:
- Ashok Seth received the DMA Centenary Award
- Savitri Srivastava was the first woman to win the PICS Achievement Award in 2013
Number of beds
The Fortis Escorts Heart institute of New Delhi has 158 functional beds currently. They provide a variety of rooms to their Indian as well as their international patients. Following are some of the room types:
- Critical care/ ICU beds
- Deluxe Suite
- Presidential Suite
- Twin room
- Single room
The rooms are well equipped with TV, cupboards, family accommodation facility, emergency alarms, toilets etc.
For the international patients, Fortis Escort has built a special wing of rooms with language experts, interpreters, and money conversion facilities etc. in order to make their experience with Fortis trouble free.
- Overnight Attendance Lounge
- Emerald Lounge
- One stop shop for Counselling, Admission and Discharge
- Business Center
- Corporate desk
- Rehabilitation Laboratory
- Blood bank
- Robotic surgery facility: It has the international standard robotic Surgery Centre.
As FEHI specializes in a very critical medical centre, it has all the modern technology equipments and tools which make the heart surgeries and also the other surgeries a success.
The infrastructural as well as the technology related facilities that this hospital provides, makes Fortis Escorts the most searched hospital in Delhi and one of the top 10 heart care centres in India.
Medical Specialty Expertise
The Fortis Escort Heart institute has its expertise in 4 centre-
- Cardiac Sciences,
- Bone and Joint,
- Liver and digestive diseases and
- Kidney and urology.
It offers medical assistance in the following branches of medicine:
- Cardiac Surgery
- Paediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Paediatric and Fetal Cardiology
- Heart Transplant
- Minimal access Bariatric and GI Surgery
- Neuro Surgery and spine
- Sleep Apnoea Insomnia sciences etc.
Fortis Escorts Heart institute,
Okhla Road, Opposite Holy family Hospital,
New Delhi, Delhi-110025, India