History and Establishment
The Global Hospital of Chennai was established in the year 1999 under a group called as the Parkway Pantai Ltd. Parkway Pantai Ltd is one of the largest and the most renowned group in Chennai which has established a number of private healthcare institutions. Under Parkway Pantai, there are more than 22 hospitals established including in India as well as in Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei, China, Singapore etc. Every year at global Hospitals, 50,000 patients get treated and 18,000 surgeries are performed. A team of highly qualified doctors, 24×7 hours ready nurses and the other caring staff has been delivering such a top quality healthcare service to its patients since 1999. The Parkway Pantai group has planned many more healthcare projects in the coming time span of 10 years.
Certifications and Accreditations
Being one of the best global chain of hospitals, Global hospital is a highly approved and accredited hospital in India. It holds some of the below accreditations and certifications:
- Right during the establishment period, the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers have given a green signal to the Global hospitals through its certificates.
- It also holds many certificates of the National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories.
Because of these certificates, Global Hospital stands in the list of the most renowned hospitals of India.
Awards and Achievements
Following are some of the awards and achievements received:
- Global Hospitals has received the rank of the 4th largest healthcare chains in India.
- It was the first hospital to be recognized by the Government of India for Research and Development.
- It was the Hospitals in India to introduce the Two wheeler Ambulance Service called as the GART (Global Accident Rescue Team)
- It performed 5 organ transplant surgeries successfully in a day.
- It successfully carried out the Split Liver Transplant in Tamil Nadu.
- Global hospital was the first one to perform the Nucleus Replacement in the spine.
- It was the first hospital to carry out the minimally invasive lung transplant and a single lung transplant.
Number of beds
The Global Hospital of Chennai is spread on the area of 21 acres. In its premise, there are 1000 beds in use currently. There are not only many number of beds at the hospital, but the rooms are also very spacious and hygienic. There are a number of bed types available at Global hospitals. They are as follows:
- Enough number of ICU beds and critical care beds
- General ward beds
- Single rooms and double rooms
- Deluxe and Suite bedrooms
The hospital rooms are well furnished with the most modern equipments, 24×7 doctor surveillance and a very pleasant atmosphere.
It has the infrastructural facilities like:
- Rooms with big cupboards, emergency alarms, clean toilets etc.
- Big lounges and waiting rooms for the visitors.
- Wi-Fi enabled premise
- 24 hours open cafeteria
- 24 hours working chemist shop
- Telephone facilities
- ATM machines etc.
- The emergency rooms have the following machines: cardiopulmonary resuscitation, securing central venous access, machines treating poly trauma and severe head injuries, endotracheal intubation etc.
- State of art endoscopic Ultrasonography (EUS) for the purpose of diagnosis and treatment of digestive system problems, cancers, tumours, etc.
- In the neurology department of Global hospitals, the most advanced technologies for the neurosurgery have been installed.
- The Neurophysiology Laboratory at Global has the machines like: EMG, EEG, NCS, and Evoked Potential Systems like VEP and SSEP.
- Latest models of the Intraoperative MRI, Computer assisted brain surgery, Awake Brain Surgery, Stereotactic Radiosurgery and Deep Brain Stimulation equipments.
- Multi-organ transplant unit in India
With these world class quality technology, global Hospital has been able to perform the most critical surgeries with a great success.
Medical Fields of expertise
The Global hospital at Chennai offers the healthcare services in more than 40 branches of medicine. Some of the specialities are as follows:
- Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Bariatric Surgeries
- Cardiology, Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeries
- Breast Oncology
- Diabetology and Endocrinology
- Critical Care, Emergency medicine and Trauma
- Kidney, Liver and Lung Transplantation
- Neurology and Neurosurgery
Global Hospitals, Chennai, 439, Cheran Nagar, Perumbakkum, Chennai, Tamil Nadu- 600001