History and establishment
Jaslok hospital was founded by philanthropist Seth Lokoomal Chanrai in the year 1973. It was inaugurated in on 6th July 1973 by the Prime Minister of that time, Indira Gandhi. The main objective of establishing this healthcare institute was to provide a modern, centrally located medical institution for the people of all castes, races and creed. At that time providing the best medical facilities to the society was only a dream. But after the establishment of Jaslok hospital, this dream was brought into reality. Many famous people like Jayprakash Narayan, P.R Krishnaswamy etc. were admitted in the hospital for their treatment. This was the time when Jaslok became famous among the huge masses of people. Till date Jaslok hospital of Mumbai has been maintaining its repute by providing top quality services to its patient. It is not only modern in terms of technology but the doctors and nurses working at Jaslok Hospital also have high qualifications. Jaslok Hospital is one of the best hospitals providing tertiary treatment in Mumbai.
Certifications and accreditation’s
Jaslok Hospital, since its inception, has been providing the best healthcare service to the people. Right from the 1970s it has been proving the quality of its service and the authenticity of its repute. Following are some of the most important certifications that Jaslok Hospital has got:
- National accreditation Board for Hospital and Healthcare Providers (NABH)
- National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL)
There are many more institution which have given Jaslok Hospital a green signal to carry out its business in order to improve the quality of lives of people.
Awards and Achievements
The good deeds are always awarded. Jaslok Hospital has been very diligent is offering the best treatment to the domestic as well as its international patients. The following awards and achievements of Jaslok hospital over so many years are a proof of how good the hospital is:
- Jaslok Hospital received “Times Health Multi-speciality” award in the year 2010.
- Won the Best Multi-speciality hospital award at the Global Healthcare awards of 2007.
- The doctors at Jaslok have also been awarded with some awards like:
- Birla National Award for Outstanding Practicing Clinician in Modern Medicine.
- Lifetime achievement awards by Harvard Medical University for Medical excellence.
- Jaslok hospital has also been one of the top hospitals in the field of Research and development. The research papers written by some of the doctors of Jaslok have been globally published.
Number of beds
Jaslok hospital is one of the oldest hospitals of Mumbai. Sit started off with just 100 beds. Every year it aimed to expand its number of beds. Currently Jaslok Hospital is functioning at 365 beds. Out of these beds 40 beds are reserved for the Intensive Care Unit patients. In its big hospital premise it offers various kinds of beds as follows:
- Beds in the common ward
- Two bed ward (Semi-Private)
- Single bed (Private)
- Deluxe and Suite rooms are also available at Jaslok.
Infrastructure related facilities
Some of the infrastructural facilities at Jaslok are as follows:
- Spacious beds and rooms with cupboards, clean toilets etc.
- 24×7 chemist
- 254×7 cafeteria
- Wi-Fi enabled premise
- Permission to use phone throughout the premise
- Lounges, passageways and waiting rooms for the visitors
- Locker and laundry services etc.
- Food according to the needs of the patient (suitable food for international patients)
- Prayer room
- Airport Pick up and drop services for the patients coming from outside of Mumbai or India.
It has a special ward built especially for the international patients.
Technology related facilities:
Jaslok Hospital also provides diagnostic services to its patients as follows:
- 2D/4D Echo
- Gamma camera
- DSA lab
- MRI and CT Scanning
- Holter Monitoring
- Bone Densitometry
For the purpose of these diagnosis and also for the various kinds of surgeries, Jaslok hospital has the best quality tools and equipments.
Centers of medical expertise
Jaslok hospital specializes in more than 35 specialities. It has the best educated doctors and staff for each and every centre of medicine. Some of the following are the Medical specialities of Jaslok Hospital:
- Bariatric Surgeries
- Cardiac surgery, Cardio-Vascular surgery and Cardiology
- Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Assisted Reproduction and Genetics (IVF)
- Critical care
- Developmental Paediatrics
- Endocrinology/ Diabetology
Jaslok hospital, 15, Dr. Deshmukh Marg, Pedder road, Mumbai, Maharashtra-400026.