History and Establishment
The mastermind behind this idea of building its own healthcare institution is Dr. Naresh Trehan. Dr. Naresh Trehan thought of this when he was practicing in USA at the NYU Medical Centre as a surgeon. This though gave rise to Medanta Medicity in the year 2009. The main aim behind developing this healthcare institution was to combine the traditional as well as the modern ways of medicine. This institution not only treats its patients but also trains its staff in the best possible manner and keeps introducing innovations in the hospital as well as in its service. The founder of the hospital believes in combining all the resources in the best possible way in order to invent new medicine which is better than the old medicine. While establishing the institution, his other aim was to provide the services at one tenth cost to the patients.
Certifications and accreditation’s
Within a time span of very few years, the Medanta Medicity has attained the reputation in India as well as on international levels. The most important support behind this success is the approval and recognition that this institution has got. Some of the following important Certifications of Medanta Hospital:
- It is certified by the National Accreditation Board of Hospitals and Healthcare provider. This certification is considered to be the most important one for a healthcare institution.
- It has a certification from NABL too.
- The Joint Commission has also given its approval to this famous medical institute of India.
- It has the International Training Centre certified by the American Heart Association.
Awards and achievements
For the last 15 years, Medanta Medicity hospital has been winning awards and accolades for its best performance and for delivering the best service to its patients. Following are some of the top achievements that Medanta has won and has made this hospital a more renowned hospital in India:
- It was known as the first hospital in India to provide Robotic surgery in the field of Cardiology, Urology and Gynaecology.
- In the year 2010, it was given the award for “The Best Multi-speciality Hospital” by Asia’s First Bloodless Bone Marrow Transplant Healthcare Global Enterprises (HCG)
- In the year 2013, Medanta Medicity was awarded the VC Circle Healthcare awards for the category of Single Speciality Healthcare Entity.
Number of beds
The Medanta Medicity Hospital at Gurgaon has 1250 beds. It is considered to be the biggest Medanta hospital in India with 45 operation theatres and a big number of Intensive care units. It offers to its patients the following types of beds:
- Multibed wards
- Twin sharing room (Semi-Private room)
- Single room (Private room)
- Single Deluxe room
- Super deluxe room
Medanta Medicity being one of the best healthcare facilities in India, provides the best health related facilities to its patients. Following are some of the infrastructure related facilities that it provides:
- Special lounge facility for the international patients who can wait there, relax, meet the families of the other patients etc.
- Wi-Fi facility in the whole hospital
- Television facility
- Sofas in every rooms
- 24×7 help desk
- 24×7 Open Pharmacy
- Family accommodation facility etc.
Medanta Medicity has one of the largest lab and diagnostic centre which has the latest machines and equipments for the following tests and examinations:
- Radiology testing machines
- CT Scanner, MRI Scanner, ECG Scanner
- Machines required for tests like- mammography, Thyroid profile, CA 125, Bone Marrow Aspiration, DEXA Scan, free PSA, widal test, HRTC Chest, USG KUB, BRAF Mutation Analysis, Fluoroscopy test etc.
Medical field of expertise
The Medanta Medicity hospital has branches in the diagnosis and treatment of various diseases. However, it functions the best in the following medical fields:
- Bone and Joint Replacement
- Urology and Andrology
- Head and neck Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Anaesthesiology and Critical Care
- Liver Transplantation
Medanta Medicity Hospital,
CH Baktawar Singh Road,
Gurgaon, Haryana 122001