History and establishment background
In the year 1997, the Metro Hospital was set up by Dr. BC Roy National and Padma Bhushan Awardee Dr. Purushotam Lal. Their main aim was to provide the latest technology treatments to all the classes of the society. Their main focus was to provide healthcare assistance to the backward classes of the society, the masses of people who have been ignored and to those who cannot afford the expensive healthcare facility. Since the inception of Metro group of Hospitals, it has been aiming to deliver the best quality healthcare services, state of art technology and best care to its patients.
Certifications and Accreditation’s
The Metro Hospital in Delhi has always tried to keep up with the international standards of healthcare. For this purpose, Metro hospital has followed all the regulations of international levels. The following accreditations are a proof of the world class healthcare service provided by Metro Hospitals:
It has received accreditations from the following institutions:
- National accreditation Board for the Hospitals and Healthcare Providers.
Because of these certifications, it has been easy for the public to determine the authenticity and the quality of treatment given to the patients.
Award and Achievements
Metro Hospital is one of the oldest Hospital in Delhi and since then it has been winning various awards at various events. Following are some of the most precious awards that Metro Hospital has won over a period of time:
- In the year 2017 metro Hospital won 6 awards in 6 different categories at the Times Healthcare Achievement Awards.
- The founder of the Hospital Dr. Purushotam Lal has won the Padma Vibhushan award and Roy national award by MOS Culture and tourism, Govt. of India by Mr. Mahesh Sharma.
- The Centre of Respiratory Diseases of Metro Hospital received the “Best pulmonology Hospital” in year 2007.
- In the year 2014, it received the award for the best Cardiology Hospital in North India.
- Many doctors, surgeons and experts at metro Hospital have been awarded the following awards:
The Legend Awards
The Young achievers awards etc.
Because of such awards of high dignity, Metro hospital has been successful in creating a good repute amongst the public and it has never failed in maintaining the repute.
Number of beds
The Centre of Metro hospitals in Delhi, is not very big. The total number of beds at Metro Hospital, Lajpat Nagar is just 70 beds. It gives the option of the following bed types:
Single bed room (Private ward)
Double bed room (Semi-private ward)
Triple bed room
Even though there are less number of beds at Metro Hospital, there is no compromise at all in treating the patient. In fact, the lesser number of patients get a very special treatment at Metro Hospital. Patients from all around (Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, and Africa etc.) the world come to Metro hospital, Lajpat Nagar.
Metro hospital has always been number one in terms of providing the best facilities to its patients. It has the following infrastructural and technology related facilities that it gives:
- Pathology lab
- Pharmacy open for the entire day
- Clean Toilets in rooms as well in the hospital premise
- 24 hours ambulance service
- Wipro GE Advance Densitometer
- Siemens Essenza X-ray machine
- Mammography (GE)
- Dialysis machine BBraun (dialog +) and Frensenius
- Radiology and radio imaging facility
- Carotid Doppler
- Ultrasound GE (Logic book XP)
Medical fields of Expertise
The Metro Hospitals is a big chain of Hospital all over India. The Metro hospital of Delhi functions in the following centres of excellence:
- Cardiology and CTVS
- Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery
- Nephrology and Renal transplant
- Orthopaedics, joint Replacement and Spin Surgeries
- Onco surgery and Oncology
Metro Hospital, 14- Ring Road, Lajpat Nagar- Phase 4, New Delhi-110024