History and Establishment
The Centre for Sight Hospital was established in the year 2002 by the eminent ophthalmologist and a winner of Padmashree Award, Dr. Mahipal S. Sachdev. Since the establishment of this institution, it has been working on the path of values, efficiency and compassion for its patients. In order to provide the best eye care to its patients, a team of 145 eye specialists has been engaged in this Institution. Centre for Sight has a group of hospitals built in India. Centre for sight is a principled institution which provides eyes care to all the classes of the society, makes use of the best technology and gives honest opinions and suggestions to its patients. This is the reason why Centre for Sight is being recognized as one of the best eye care hospitals of India. The Centre for Sight also treats a large number of international patients every year.
Certifications and accreditations
Since 2002, Centre for Sight is successful in providing the world class eye healthcare services to the patients. It is possible because of the certifications and accreditations that it has received. They are as follows:
- It has the accreditation from the most important Board- National Accreditation Board for Hospital and Healthcare Providers (NABH)
- It is also registered under many cities under the Nursing Home Act by the Directorate General of Health services.
Because of these approvals from the boards, Centre for Sight is seamlessly providing the services to the people.
Awards and Achievements
It has received the following awards since its inception:
- It is the winner of the most valuable FICCI Healthcare Awards of 2012 for “Operational Excellence in Private Sector”
- In the year 2005 it received the “Best single speciality Award” in the field of ophthalmology at the Healthcare Achievement Awards.
- In the year 2010 it was given the title of “Best Eye speciality Hospital in India” by the medical Magazine.
Due to such prestigious awards and accolades, Centre for Sight is successful in giving a better service to its patients every day.
Number of beds
Every Hospital of Centre for Sight throughout India have very limited beds. This is because, there are very less eye surgeries in which the patient requires a stay in the hospital. Most of the surgeries take place in a day and the patient is allowed to go immediately home. But Centre for Sight have
Infrastructure related facilities
Centre for Hospital has the following Infrastructural facilities:
- Operation theatres equipped with the latest technology machines
- Waiting room and Lounges for the patients and their visitors
- Clean drinking water facility
- ATM facilities
Technology related facilities
Centre for Sight uses the world class technology to treat its patients. Following are some of the equipments used at Centre for Sight:
- Smile Technology for Vision Correction
- The Catalys laser from ABBOTT
- Signature from AMO and CENTURION from Alcon- for the Microincision Cataract Surgery
- The LenSx Laser from alcon used for the Femtosecond Laser assisted Cataract Surgery
- Stellaris from Bausch and Lomb for the purpose of Microincision Cataract Surgery
- Laureate Equipments from Alcon used for Phaco Surgeries
The Centre for Sight Hospital specializes in only one field of medicine and that is Ophthalmology. Following are some of the sub specialities of this hospital:
- LASIK and Refractive eye Surgery
- Cornea services
- Retina and Uvea Services
- Keratoconus Treatment
- Oculoplasty and Ocular Oncology Surgery
- Oculoplasty and Facial Aesthetic Surgery
- Paediatric Ophthalmology and Squint
It has dedicated doctors in all the above mentioned fields of ophthalmology which have the experience of more than 10 years in this field.
Centre for sight has a number of branches. Following are some of the branches:
- Delhi: Gurgaon, Faridabad, Safdarjung Enclave
- Gujarat: Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara
- Madhya Pradesh- Indore