History and establishment
The Columbia Asia Group of Hospitals is an international healthcare group which runs a number of hospitals across India. The first hospital of this group “Columbia Asia Hospital” was established in the year 2005 in Bangalore. After that it expanded to 29 more healthcare institutions in India as well as outside India in Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc. Right since this hospital has been established, its only aim has been to provide a clean and safe environment to the patients who approach to Columbia Asia Hospital. They have a large number of patients from India as well as from outside India.
Certifications and accreditations
This Hospital is established under a very big and renowned multinational Company hence, it has complied with all the necessary rules and regulations and also has all the certifications as follows:
- It has the Accreditation from the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers. (NABH). This certification is given after checking the quality of the service and the facilities provided at the hospital.
- The National Accreditation Board of Laboratories has also give its certification to Columbia Asia hospital for the hygienic and good quality equipments used in the laboratory.
- It also has the certifications from the international boards like JCI (Joint Commission International) and ISO( International Standard Organization)
Due to these highly valuable approvals, Columbia Asia can stand strong in today’s cut throat competition of providing the best healthcare services to the public. These accreditations help in determining the authenticity of the services provided and creates a feeling of trust in the minds of its patients.
Awards and achievements
For the last 15 years, Columbia Asia hospital of New Delhi has been bagging various awards and achievements for the best quality service and care that it serves. Following are some of the awards received by Columbia Asia Hospitals of New Delhi:
- In the year 2010 it bagged the “Best Multispecialty Hospital in North India” Award by the healthcare excellence awards.
- It won the “Clean and Green Hospital in India” award in the year 2012 organized by The Week magazine.
- The Chairman of Columbia Hospitals received the “Healthcare Personality of the Year” award in the year 2017.
- It was also given the title of “The fastest growing Hospital in India” in the year 2008.
Due to these awards and accolades, Columbia Asia Hospital of New Delhi is being able to reach new heights every year.
Number of beds
The Columbia Asia Hospital has 90 working beds at the moment. Even though this hospital is not spread on a vast area, no compromise is made in the delivery of best quality healthcare services to these 90 beds. Following are the types of bedrooms available at Columbia Asia Hospital:
- General ward bedrooms (Different for male and female patients)
- Single bed room/ Private bedroom
- Double bed room/ Semi private room
- ICU rooms
- Some amount of beds are also allocated for the international patients.
- There are also some deluxe rooms and Suites available at Columbia Asia Hospital, New Delhi.
Infrastructure related facilities
Following are some of the world-class infrastructural facilities at Columbia Asia Hospital:
- 24 hours open cafeteria and food joint
- Free Internet access throughout the campus
- Telephone facility
- Spacious lounges and waiting rooms
- Laundry facility
- Family accommodation facilities
- ATM machines etc.
- Different Accommodation for the international patients and their relatives.
Technology related facilities:
Following are some of the technological facilities at Columbia Asia Hospital:
- Blood Bank facility
- Well-equipped operation theatres
- Different nursing units for various emergencies
- Latest machines required for- Conventional radiology
- MRI Scan
- Digitalized Radiography
- Holter Monitoring
- Ultrasound and Colour Doppler
- Digitalized Mammography
- CT Scan etc.
- Ambulances equipped with Life Support System.
- The cardiology department of Columbia Asia Hospital has a Cath Lab.
These infrastructural as well as the technological facilities play a very important role in the delivery of a satisfactory healthcare service.
Medical Fields of expertise
The Columbia Asia Hospital has extended its specialities to a very large number hence it is one of the best Multi-speciality Hospitals in New Delhi. Following are some of its medical specialities provided:
- Cardiology, Interventional cardiology
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery and Laparoscopic Minimally Access Surgery
- ENT and Cochlear Implant
- Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeries
- Surgical oncology
Columbia Asia Hospital, Block F, Gol Chakkkar,
Near Ansal Plaza mall, Palam Vihar, Gurugram, Haryana- 122017.