History and Establishment
HealthCare Global Enterprises established its first healthcare hospital in the year 1989. It was one of the rarest single speciality hospitals in India providing the cancer healthcare services. The name of their first institution was “Bangalore Institute of Oncology” but in the year 2005 the name was changed to “HealthCare Global Enterprises Pvt. Ltd”. It has now become India’s biggest provider of cancer healthcare. For the last 20 decades HCG Cancer Hospital has been supporting the cancer patients to fight this battle against various types of cancers. It has now built a network of 20 hospitals across India which provides cancer diagnostics and treatment to the national as well as international patients. It has also earned recognition through its fertility centres called as ‘Milann’. HCG has become one of the best tertiary hospitals in India.
Certifications and accreditations
HCG Cancer hospital of Bangalore has the following certifications and accreditations:
- It has the certificates from the National Accreditation Board for Hospital and Healthcare Providers (NABH) for the world class quality provided by the hospital.
- It is also NABL- accredited. National Accreditation Board for Calibration and Testing Laboratories is the most renowned board which checks the quality of tolls and equipments used the laboratories of the hospitals
- HCG Cancer Institute has the accreditation from the Department of scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR)
- The International Standard Organization (ISO) has also certified the hospital.
- It also has the recognition from the College of American pathologists (CAP)
- Food and Drug Administration Board (FDA) has also given a green signal to HCG hospital.
Because of these approval for the quality, service, research and development centres, administration etc. HCG Cancer Hospital is able to focus on the betterment of the cancer patients.
Awards and Achievements
Since the inception of HCG hospital, it has received many awards, accolades and titles every year and it has been continuously proving the standard of it services. Some of the awards are as follows:
- Received the “Best Healthcare Group of the year” by BMA
- In year 2011, it won the “Emerging Entrepreneur of the year” award from CII.
- Given the award by Hosmac and people strong for “The Best Place to Work”
- In the year 2014, won the “Best Marketing Campaign for Self-survivor Stories Award” at the Asian Healthcare Leadership Awards.
- HCG Hospital was the first Indian hospital to win the Golden Peacock award for Innovation Management
- Awarded by VCCIRCLE for “The Most Innovative Single Speciality Healthcare Entity”
- It bagged the “Leader of the Year award” by the Frost and Sullivan Oncology 2 times in a row.
Number of beds
The HCG Cancer hospital contains more than 100 beds. They have more than 40 beds reserved for the purpose of Intensive and Critical care. Oncology being one of the most critical fields of medicine, the bedrooms at HCG are well furnished and well equipped so as to provide the maximum comfort to its patients. They have the following bed types available:
- Single bed room
- Double bed room
- Deluxe and Suites etc.
They also have some beds reserved for their international patients.
Following are some of the infrastructural facilities provided at HCG Cancer Hospital:
- Well furnished rooms with clean toilets, emergency alarms, drinking water facility, television etc.
- Telephone booths
- Healthy food
- Drinking water facility throughout the premise
- 24 hours open chemist and druggist shop
- 24 hours available help desk
- Separate help desk for the international patients
- Ambulance facility etc.
- Waiting rooms for the visitors etc.
HCG Cancer has all the latest diagnostic and treatment equipments to enable the best treatment for its patients. Following are some of the state-of-art technological facilities provided at HCG Hospital:
- HCG Cancer hospital is the first ever hospital in India to introduce the CyberKnife robotic radiosurgery in India.
- PET CT scanners
- PET MRI scanners
- 3T MRI Scanners
- Equipments needed for the radiation therapies like IGRT and IMRT etc.
- Da Vinci Technology
- Digital Mammogram
HCG cancer Hospital specializes in only one medical speciality and therefore it is known as the best single speciality hospital for cancer in India. Following are some of the special medical services that it provides to its patients:
- Medical Oncology
- Surgical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Liver Transplantation
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
HCG cancer Institute has a number of experienced oncologists in each and every medical facility provided.
HCG cancer Hospital, No. 8, HCG Towers, Kalinga Rao Road, Sampangi Ram Nagar,
Bangalore, Karnataka- 560020.