History and Establishment
In the year 1997, Major H.P.S Ahluwalia established the Indian Spinal Injuries Centre in Vasant Kunj, New Delhi. Mr. Ahluwalia is an Indian mountaineer and an army officer. During his service years, he got a bullet injury and he was confined to a wheelchair permanently. That was when ISIC was established by him. Since the establishment of this Institution, it has been offering a wide spectrum of healthcare services to the public. Indian Spinal Injuries Centre is a super speciality hospital situated in Delhi which has the state-of-art technology, best doctors employed in all the departments of Indian Spinal Injuries Centre and the staff which is ever ready to take care of all the patients with highest profession and feeling care.
Indian Spinal Injuries Centre also has a large number of international patients coming from Europe, Africa, UK, USA etc. Indian Spinal Injuries Centre treat these international patients as their God. Thus it has a special team and set of facilities built especially for the international patients.
Certifications and Accreditations
The Indian Spinal Injuries Centre is complying with all the national and international rules and regulations and is been approved by various boards as follows:
- It has the certification of National accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH) for the infrastructure, quality of services provided and for the overall administration of the hospital.
- It also carries the certificate from the International Standard Organization (ISO).
- The National Accreditation Board for Laboratories (NABL) has also given its certification to the Indian Spinal Injuries Centre after conducting a supervision of the quality and types of equipments and instruments used in their laboratories for the diagnosis and the treatment.
Awards and accolades
The Indian Spinal Injuries Centre has been felicitated and honoured at various functions for the best healthcare services provided. Following are some of the awards and accolades received by Indian Spinal Injuries Centre:
- In the year 2013, it received the “Healthcare Excellence” award for the best Spinal Injuries Hospital for that year.
- Indian Spinal Injuries Centre was nominated as the “Best Patient friendly Hospital” award by AHPI
- In the year 2017 it received the “Pharmacie de Quality” award
- It won the “National Quality excellence Award” in 2017
The doctors at Indian Spinal Injuries Centre have also won a number of awards which are helping in maintaining the reputation of the hospital.
Number of beds at Indian Spinal Injuries Centre, Delhi
Currently, Indian Spinal Injuries Centre is situated on a land of 15 acres. It is divided in various departments with total 178 number of beds. Following are some of the bed types it provides to its patients:
- It has around 10-15 rooms reserved for critical care and intensive care unit.
- Single and Double bed rooms
- Deluxe and suite bed rooms
- Separate general ward for men and women.
All the bedrooms are well equipped with all the necessary facilities.
For the international patients it has five start luxurious bed rooms.
Indian Spinal Injuries Centre has given much importance to the infrastructure with an aim to provide a healthy and comfortable environment to the patients. Following are some of the infrastructural facilities at Indian Spinal Injuries Centre:
- Parking facility
- Lounge outside every ward and rooms
- ATM and telephone machines
- Cafeteria in the hospital premise
- Chemist and druggist shop
- A clean environment surrounded with trees and gardens.
- Diet facility catering to the needs of the patients.
Following are some of the state-of-art technological facilities provided at Indian Spinal Injuries Centre:
- State-of-art intensive care unites
- 24 hours ambulance facilities and other emergency facilities.
- It has a 18 bedded Heart Command Centre (Cardiac ICU)
- All the latest machines required for ECG, TMT, ECHO, Invasive Cardiology, Dexa scan, X-ray, Ultrasound, MRI, Doppler Studies and other diagnostics and surgeries.
Fields of medical excellence
Indian Spinal Injuries Centre is a super speciality hospital with more than 50 medical fields of excellence. But it has the following core specialties:
- Spine Services
- Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement
- Alternative medicine
- Nephrology and Dialysis
- Rehabilitation Services
- Radiology and Imaging Services
- Psychiatry, Psychology and Stress Management
- Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Chest and Respiratory medicine
- Gastroenterology etc.
Indian Spinal Injuries Centre, Sector C, opposite Vasant Valley School, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi- 110070.