History and Establishment
In the year 2009, Prof Dr. P.V.A Mohandas who is an awardee of Padmashree, established the Madras Institute of orthopaedics and Traumatology ( MIOT Hospital ) in Chennai. At that time, it was started with just 70 beds. Its primary focus was Orthopaedics and Trauma care in the initial stages. Gradually, it started to expand its services to the other fields of medicines. Currently, MIOT Hospital is considered to be one of the best international hospital in the region of South India. The team of MIOT consists of professional doctors, who, with the support of the latest medical technology and the cutting edge infrastructure have never failed to gain the trust of the national as well as its international patients. Every year, patients from 129 different countries in the world come to MIOT International Hospital and experience the best diagnostic and treatment.
Certifications and Accreditations
Many boards and international organizations have given their approval to MIOT Hospital of Chennai regarding the quality of services provided, equipments and instruments used and various other policies. It has been certified by the following boards:
- Indian health organization (IHO) has given its certificate to MIOT Hospital for complying with all the principles and policies mentioned in the law.
- It has received the certification of Compliance from the Quality council of India.
- It has the NABH- National accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers recognition.
- It has been also accredited by the National Accreditation Board for Laboratories (NABL)
Awards and Achievements
For the last many years, MIOT Hospital has become successful in achieving awards and accolades in various departments of medicine. Some of the most precious and mentionable awards of MIOT hospitals are as follows:
- It received the Niryat Shree Gold Award in the year 2003 for generating highest amounts of foreign exchange in the health sector in India.
- In the year 2009, the Federation of Indian Export awarded MIOT with the Niryat Shree Bronze Trophy.
- Received the “Best Service provider in the southern region” Award from FIEO in the year 2014
- In the year 2015, MIOT Hospital received the “Export Excellence Award” from the Federation of Indian export Organizations of southern region for the category- Top service provider in the Southern region.
- The laboratory at MIOT hospital has been ranked as the 8th best laboratory in India.
Number of beds at MIOT, Chennai
MIOT Hospital is spread on the area of more than 15 acres. On this area, a big premise is built with different departments for different fields of medical excellence. Today, MIOT Hospital functions at the bed capacity of 1000 beds.
The beds at MIOT hospitals are strategically allotted to the 63 fields of medical expertise offered. There are following bed types available at MIOT Hospital, Chennai:
- General ward
- Private bed rooms (has one bed in one room)
- Semi- Private bed rooms (has 2 bed in one room)
- A number of beds is also allocated to the international patients
The rooms are MIOT are well furnished with all the necessary furniture, separate and clean toilets and bathrooms, seating arrangement for the relatives and visitors, television sets in each room. The bed rooms are supervised by the staff at regular intervals.
Facilities provided at MIOT Hospital, Chennai
MIOT Hospital being an internationally recognized healthcare institute, it provides the world class facilities to its patients.
Following are some infrastructural facilities:
- Spacious lounges and waiting rooms
- Health club facility
- Salon services
- Laundry services
- Two 24×7 working restaurants
- Three pharmacies which are open for 24 hours
- Natural environment with a number of trees planted in the surroundings and gardens for the patients to walk and relax
- Clean drinking water facilities
- Telephone booth and ATM
Following are the technological facilities at MIOT:
- 21 operation theatres
- Blood bank
- Central, automated, sterile supply unit
- 2 digital Cath labs
- 3D digital mammography systems
- Nuclear medicine equipments
- PET CT
- Critical care centre equipped with the best technology
Fields of medical expertise
The MIOT Hospital of Chennai specializes in more than 40 Centres of Excellence. Following are some of the key specialities of MIOT:
- Haematology, Haemato-oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant
- Neurology, Neurosurgery and Neurosciences
- Transfusion medicine
- Interventional Radiology
- Endocrinology and Diabetology
- Dermatology, Cosmetic Surgery and hair transplant treatment
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine
- Craniofacial and aesthetic Surgery
- ENT- Head, Neck and Skull base Surgery
MIOT Hospital, 4/112, Mount Poonamalle High Road, Sathya Nagar, Manpakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu- 600089.