History and Establishment
Narayan Health is a group which operates a number of healthcare Institutions all over India. The first hospital that was established under the Narayan Healthcare group was the Narayan Hrudayalaya Ltd in Bangalore. The Narayan Hrudayalaya Ltd. was founded by Dr. Devi Shetty in the year 2009. Currently the Narayana Hrudayalaya is situated in a Health City conceptualized by the Narayana Health group. In this health city, there is a conglomeration of various hospitals on a big spread of land. Narayana Hrudayalaya specializes in the Cardiac service and has been providing the cardiac healthcare services as well as other healthcare services to all the age groups of patients. Narayana Hrudayalaya has a special department built for the international patients where they make sure to provide them a trouble- free and comfortable medical journey.
Certifications and Accreditations
Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospital of Bangalore is a very recent Hospital in Bangalore. However, in a very less time span it has proved the worth and the authenticity of the quality of services it provides to the people. Following are
some of the Boards which have certified the Narayana Hrudayalaya hospital:
- International Standard Organization (ISO)
- NABL- National accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories
- JCI- Joint Commission International
- NABH- National Accreditation Board for Hospital and Healthcare Providers
- Narayana Hrudayalaya has also complied with all the rules mentioned by the Government of India and other International Boards.
Awards and Achievements
Following are some of the awards and accolades of Narayana Hrudayalaya over a number of years:
- In the year 2017, it won the Express Healthcare Excellence Award.
- It has been awarded as the Best Hospital for Corporate Social Responsibility by the International Hospital Federation.
- At the Health and wellness Summit, Narayana Hrudayalaya it won the award for the “Most innovative Citizen Engagement Through Technology”
- In 2015 it bagged the “Public health Champion Award”
- In the year 2015, it received the “Best Single Speciality Hospital in India” award at the CNBC TV 18 and ICICI Lombard India Healthcare Awards.
- It has also been the winner of Healthcare Leadership Awards from the Starts of the Industry Group.
Number of beds
Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospital is considered to be the biggest hospital of Heart in India. It has 708 beds accredited by JCI, 628 beds accredited by NABH. These 1500 number of beds are strategically subdivided into the following categories:
- General Wards (Many beds in one room)
- Critical care and ICU beds
- Single bed room and Double bed room
- Deluxe and Suites
- Separate number of beds for the international patients.
All these bedrooms at Narayana Hrudayalaya are well furnished, cleaned thrice a day and are supervised continuously by the doctor trainees.
The rooms consists of electric beds, seating arrangement for the visitors, cupboards, racks, and clean toilets and bathrooms.
One can choose the type of bed needed depending on his treatment and the stay in the hospital. These rooms are very cost-effective and share a very jolly atmosphere.
Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospital being one of the nationally as well as internationally reputed hospital, has a number of facilities that make the stay of the patients and their relatives, very comfortable and smooth.
Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospital has the following infrastructural facilities:
- Spacious rooms with a spacious waiting room.
- Spacious Lounges
- Family accommodation facility
- Television sets in all rooms
- Telephone booths
- Drinking water facility in the entire premise
- Free Wi-Fi Access
- Open areas and gardens were the patients can stroll around.
- 24 hours open Pharmacy
- 24 hours open cafeteria
Following are some of the most prominent technologies used at Narayana Hrudayalaya:
- Narayana Hrudayalaya has 19 Operation Theatres
- Blood Bank facility.
- It has 5 Digital Cath Lab out of which one is a Hybrid Lab.
- It has India’s largest Bone Marrow Transplant Unit.
- Recently, the Robotic Surgery equipments are also been added to the latest technology equipments.
Various field of medical expertise
The Narayana Hrudayalaya specializes in more than 70 fields of medicine. Following are some of the most popular fields of medicine:
- Cardiac Surgery and Cardiology
- Vascular surgery
- Endocrinology/ Diabetology
- Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Radiology and Interventional Radiology
- Emergency Medicine and Critical Care
- Liver Transplant and HPB Surgery.
Location of Narayana Hrudayalaya
Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospital , 258/AA, Bommasandra Industrial Area, Anekal Taluk, Hosur Road, Bangalore, Karnataka- 560100.