Urology treatment is required when the urinary tract gets affected by diseases inclusive of urologic cancers, urine incontinency, male infertility and erectile dysfunction, prostate diseases, pelvic pain and other related difficulties. A patient might visit an urologist if one faces the following health difficulties:
- Urinary tract infections which is caused by the movement of the bacteria from the digestive tract to urethra and leads to pain, fever, abnormal urination and incontinence etc. This condition is likely to affect women.
- Often incontinency leads to the involuntary loss of bladder control giving rise to other complications. A female might face this problem during pregnancy when the pelvic muscles weaken.
- Male infertility has associated consequences also and can cause serious damage to the reproductive tract along with sperm disorders. Surgery is often done to cure such disorders.
- Sometimes, the failure of kidney can lead to fatal damages in the body and thus an urologist help is sought in case of kidney diseases.
- Cancer of the bladder, kidneys, prostate glands or testicles in males needs immediate urology treatment.
- An overgrowth of cells in the prostate gland causing in its enlargement or prostatitis also seeks urology treatment as they constricts the urethra causing problems while urinating.
Available Treatments and Surgeries
- Bladder Neck Incision / BNI Surgery
- OIU Optical Internal Urethrotomy Treatment
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy / PCNL Surgery
- Laser Prostectomy
- Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP Surgery)
- Transurethral Electrovaporization TUEVP Surgery
- Radical Nephrectomy Surgery
- Radical Prostectomy Surgery
- Vasectomy Surgery
- Partial Penectomy Surgery
- Total Penectomy Surgery
Types of Urology treatment
The different branches of urology treatment include:
- Endourology that deals with problems of the urinary tract and makes usage of minimally invasive approach for treatment.
- Laparoscopy is a recent development in the branch of urology which performs a robot-assisted operation in diseases related to kidney, prostate and urethra.
- Urologic oncology comprises the treatment of malignant diseases of the kidney, bladder, prostate and testicles in males, adrenal glands and other areas
- Neurology helps in tackling the problems of abnormal urination, urinal incontinency, sphincter dyssynergia and other related problems.
- Pediatric urology deals with urologic defects in children. These often include enuresis, cryptochidism, underdeveloped genitalia, and vesicoureteral reflux.
- Andrology is concerned with the problems of male reproductive system like infertility, ejaculatory defects and female urology deals with health issues related to urinary incontinence, pelvic organ relapse, overactive bladder and others.
- Reconstructive urology ensures the restoration of both the structure and function of the male genitourinary tract to facilitate normal functioning of the male organs.
Treatment varies according to the disease and diagnosis of it. Normally surgery and medications are used to bring relief to a patient suffering from urological diseases. Types of medications comprise:
- Antibiotics are recommended in cases of infections
- Chemotherapy and hormonal therapy for cancers including the prostate and bladder.
- In case of erectile dysfunction phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitors are given to patients.
- Medications that would facilitate to reduce the problem of urinary incontinence.
The surgical processes if required can be of the following types:
- The traditional open surgery
- A minimally invasive one or a laparoscopic surgery
- Laser therapy in order to treat conditions like kidney stones, cancer and other problems.
If a surgery is being performed, the urologist in case of malignant cases might remove the tumor or the entire affected gland like the bladder or prostate. Surgical methods can also be taken help of in removal of kidney stones, relieving strictures in the urethra caused by urethral dilation, helping to gain control over incontinence by the usage of sling method. Circumcisions are also done by urologists along with vasectomy if the need arises according to the patient’s condition.
- Patients with acute pain or facing nausea after intake of the prescribed medications should immediately seek the help of an urologist.
- A partial urinary tract obstruction with the absence of infection can be dealt with antibiotics.
- In the post operative period, a patient facing urinary obstruction for a long time may experience post obstructive diuresis.
- Infections after the surgery are a common occurrence along with urinary fistula.
- Some patients also face pain and discomfort along with renal failure.
The success rate of urology treatment depends significantly on the cause, extent, site and type of the disease. Though different urological diseases have different rates of prognosis, yet majority of the patients lead healthy, normal lives after the treatment.70% of men undergoing surgery for lower urinary tract symptoms have faced remarkable improvements in urinal flow and other related health aspects. Long term effectiveness has also been reported for women undergoing urological treatment for urninary tract infections and other problems.
One can avail packages including minimally invasive surgeries, laparoscopic and robot assisted surgery and others at an affordable cost in India. The cost generally ranges between $2276 upto $9000 depending on the treatment. Newer developments in the field of medical technology have facilitated advanced treatment causing an increment in the price also. Yet, the price needed for treatment here is thrice less than the amount required in the western countries like USA, UK. Thus, many international patients visit India for a high quality treatment at a low budget.
- A patient from San Francisco, USA narrates his experience with bladder cancer and about his effective treatment in India:
“I had got detected with stage II bladder cancer and was advised to go in for a surgery for removing the tumor. I began looking up for the treatment cost in my city which to my dismay was beyond my budget. After consulting my doctor, I thought of getting my treatment done in India where I found the package cost to be much lower. I came across MedTour2India on the internet and contacted them. They immediately got back to me and answered my every query. A list of best urological hospitals in India was provided to me along with the phone numbers of some doctors. After having a telephonic conversation with one of the urologists in Apollo Hospital, Delhi, I was convinced of my decision of getting operated in India. MedTour2India came to my help once more with the bookings of my travel and accommodation. They even got an appointment done at the hospital. Soon I got myself admitted and underwent a successful surgery. The doctor also advised radiation therapy for me to prevent the relapse of the disease in the future. My health gradually recovered and I was extremely satisfied with the treatment I received at the hospital. My doctor was extremely cooperative and so was the hospital staff. As assured by MedTour2India the cost was within the given range provided to me by them. The team was a constant guide to me and they took care of all my needs. My stay and treatment in India was made fruitful with their efficient help.”
- A woman from Muscat, Oman suffering from urinary tract infection shares her story:
“I used to urinate frequently and soon developed pelvic pain. On getting some tests done, the doctor said I had urinary tract infection. Since my husband was posted in India for his job, I decided to fly to India for getting my treatment done there. In the meanwhile, my husband got in touch with a medical tourism group, MedTour2India who collaborated with us on the proceedings of the treatment. They provided us with the list of the hospitals giving successful treatment for different urological problems. They also informed us about the estimated cost that would be needed for my treatment. An appointment was made by them and on the scheduled date I went to see the doctor. Studying my reports he prescribed me to go for another urine sample test. He then after proper examination, recommended me to begin with medications. I had some complications like burning during urinating and thus was prescribed some pain relief medications also. For a considerable period of time I consumed the medicines, and there was a gradual improvement in my health. I was also advised to drink plenty of water. Regular follow ups with the doctor and screenings were recommended for me. Throughout this process of my treatment, MedTour2India was a real help to me with the conveyance and bookings. They stayed in touch with me enquiring about my progress and came to my aid whenever I was in need. Without MedTour2India’s assistance and my doctor’s constant guidance, my health wouldn’t have improved. I am thankful to them for their valuable contribution and would recommend any patient in need to get in touch with MedTour2India for assured help.”